The Senior Internal Auditor will work in conjunction with the Chief Audit Officer and the Associate Audit Manager to ensure the smooth operations of the Group Internal Audit function.
Responsibilities will vary, but will include:
- Carry out the risk assessment of all functional units of the group for the purpose of preparing a risk based audit plan of the group
- As auditor in charge, prepare audit plan of a unit as per the internal risk based criteria and focus on and key control risks
- Identify weaknesses in the effectiveness of controls and key processes of the unit and provide appropriate recommendations for improvement to minimize risk and safeguard the assets of the group
- Ensure working papers are prepared and adequate, clear and relevant evidence obtained to sufficiently support the audit conclusion. All working papers should have been properly referenced. Gather data for internal audit through a variety of methods including interviews, financial research, downloads, analysis ect.
- Assess where applicable compliance with the International accounting standards (IAS0, Regulatory requirements, Company policies & Procedures and Delegation of Authorities etc.
- Develop actions plans and present for discussions and acceptance in exit meetings at the end of the audit for common understanding on issues and agree to appropriate steps to be taken by the unit to ensure that these do no re-occur
- As auditor in charge, manage audit team to execute audits with focus on the processes under review and effectively communicate with the unit management to improve deficiencies and identify opportunities for improvements
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we regret to inform you that it is often not possible to reply to every individual candidate. However, your CV will be reviewed against client requirements. Should you be a good fit for the position, we will be in touch to discuss next steps.