We are looking for a VP of Finance/CFO who is a great leader, strategic thinker and coach to lead our Finance and Accounting team, reporting directly to the CEO.
As the VP of Finance/CFO you’ll be an integral part of the leadership team responsible for scaling the finance and accounting team at our fast-growing SaaS startup. You will lead the management and oversight of financial planning, financial analysis, annual planning and budgeting; and be responsible for periodical reports to management, board and investors, fundraising and overall finance and accounting operations.
To be successful in the role, you will need to prove you can build a well-oiled accounting and FP&A team, be a strong cross-functional collaborator, an outstanding communicator, and a strategic thinker.
This organisation works with a purpose and are proud to be one of the leading SaaS website development platforms for web professionals that serve small businesses worldwide. It’s an exciting time to join this enterprising organization where you can make a huge impact on the business during a key growth phase.
IS THIS YOU?
We are looking for the ultimate finance leader who has the experience to build and lead a finance team through significant growth stages. If you are the right person for this job, you will identify with several of the following characteristics:
You have been in Finance leadership roles at SaaS companies that have grown from $15MM to $100MM+ ARR.
Your reporting packages and data analysis are effectively communicated information needed to make fast and effective decisions at all levels of the company.
You prepare board and investor reporting packages and presentations that illustrate a well thought-out story that is backed by strong data points and metrics. You are able to lead conversations with the investors and assist the company as needed in fundraising activities.
You own your SaaS metrics — MRR, LTV, Churn, CAC are the things you think about before you go to organisation’s sleep and are some of the first things you think about in the morning.
You love data and come with forward-thinking strategies backed by well thought-out analysis for increasing revenue. You can provide examples of how you made an impact on a company by providing a business case for changes in pricing and packaging, upsells, introduction of new products, new markets, acquisitions, etc.
You have experience working in a company with international subsidiaries and managing the month-end consolidation process. Proven knowledge of foreign currency transactions and international exposure associated with a global company will be an integral part your success and growth.
- B.A./B.S. (Masters strongly preferred) with 10+ years of financial analysis and management reporting experience.
- Previous experience building a world class Finance Team (FP&A, Accounting, etc.)
- Deep understanding in all B2B SaaS metrics is a must (ARPU, LTV, Churn, CPA).
- Possess world-class forecasting talent and well-steeped in the practice of building revenue and expense forecasts
- Well versed in accounting best practices and the changing landscape of accounting principles (e.g. GAAP, ASC 606).
- Analytical mindset to help elevate our analytical standards and practice to allow us to take full advantage of the data to help improve both our business and that of our customers.
- You possess outstanding written, oral, and presentation skills and can communicate complex financial matters to broad audiences.